Thursday, December 31, 2015

365 days

So much can happen in the amount of time it takes for the earth to return to the same point around the sun.  So just for the craziness of it all, let's just take a very simplistic look at my year.

Engaged, sick, physically disabled, depressed, unemployable.-->moved to women's shelter, broke up with ex, enforced no contact, traveled across Canada--> healthy, physically strong, happy, employed and following my dreams.

Yep, that's pretty much it.  I kicked this year's ass. It was crazy and full of heartbreak, fear and uncertainty. I came out of it stronger than I've ever been.  I am truly looking forward to each day.  Each morning I wake up to legs that work, children cuddling around me and no one to answer to but myself.

I don't need to think of next year and what it will be like. I don't live in my future anymore because finally my present is a beautiful place to be.