Tuesday, April 12, 2016

To Whoever is Reading My Eulogy...



Now someone HAS to say this at my funeral, but only because it's a meme on facebook and it would be like an inside joke between the eulogy reader and my dead-ass self. It will still be awesome many years later because most of the crowd would be like "WTF? Are we at the wrong funeral? The only couches Amber ever owned were futons or procured on big item garbage pick-up day" (I always checked for syringes, cuz I'm safe like that).  I have had extraordinary footwear though. My favourite being the glittery platform ruby red slippers I purchased with my sister in TO while visiting her at university. I like my stuff. I like it because I never got it thinking about impressing anyone but myself. It represents me, or the stage of my ever evolving self in which I brought it into my life.  Material things can be so demonized in our society.  However, perhaps all we need to ask ourselves is: Am I buying this because it makes me feel better? Or am I buying this because it represents the awesomeness that is me?