Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hands Off My Baby! but nicely...

I remember apologetically telling people not to touch my baby. " She's new, and I don't want her to get sick." I would say. Then they would have the audacity to argue with me, even strangers;
"I'm not sick..."reaching for my baby or "I'll just touch her hand..." To which I'd answer, "she puts her hands in her mouth. Do not touch her." Believe it or not, people would anyways. Would you touch me if I asked you not to? I've had to move my stroller, which usually had them leaving in a huff, muttering something about overprotective parenting. Or they'd stand up straight, hands on hips, saying, "How's she suppose to build her immune system?" I'd answer, "Through my breastmilk." Soon I just began carrying hand-sanitizer. But the fact of the matter is this. It's my baby. If I say don't touch her, don't touch her. So when I saw this sign on One Bored Mommy's blogspot, I was very happy. A polite, yet preemptive strike to all those compulsive baby touchers. They are giving 3 away. I'd love to have these to give to my doula clients. Thanks ladies for coming up with this great idea! http://www.mamabears.com/