Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mr. Sun and Mr. Wind

To the wind and the sun, no matter which tactic you choose to do it,  manipulating another person just to prove a point of who is most powerful is an ego fuelled act of disrespect. I don't care if you are elementals, grow up.

I know people who just bounce back and forth between honey and vinegar to get what they want out of people.  It really is just a need to feel in control, which is sad, because it is a symptom of feeling the opposite way: completely out of control or a complete lack of faith.  

I don't mean religious faith, although truly believing that an all loving being has sent you here for a noble purpose can allow you to release the need to control all aspects of your life and those around you.  More of like the faith that you can deal with or survive something; faith in yourself.  The kind of faith you build when you take responsibility for your actions and choose to fix them for yourself.  Not simply hand them over to someone else to take care of, or blaming others around you while you ignore or repeatedly experience the same consequences.

The last year or so I have been facing my choices, changing my life and looking some very scary things in the face.  Not only did I survive, I flourished.  It is time for me to stop ignoring certain choices that need to be made that will lead to discomfort and conflict.  It is time for me to feed myself so that bowls of honey do not attract me. I need to not fear unpleasant situations vinegar can be a very useful cleansing tool.  It's time for me to stop thinking of other's actions as all powerful in my life.  It's time for me to look up at the sky and ask "Who gives a shit about who's more powerful?  Don't you guys have more important things to do than try to make yourselves feel good by comparing yourselves to others? Also, I like this jacket, I look cool in it, so fuck off."